By Adolf Shvedchikov,Michael Dediu
This booklet is predicated on Dr. Shvedchikov’s selection of notes approximately his first commute within the US, and on their translation in Russian. It has to be pointed out that Barbara DeKovner-Mayer and Godfrey Harris had a key position in organizing and assisting this travel.
This beautiful e-book, with very encouraged and humoristic descriptions of his travels, will surely have, with his six poetry books, a visual position within the English and Russian literary house, and also will remind us of Seneca’s aphorism:
Si vis amari, ama (If you need to be enjoyed, love).
Read Online or Download A Russian Rediscovers America PDF
Similar us travel books
50 Hikes within the Sierra Nevada charts the hundreds of thousands of miles of trails crisscrossing the Sierras’ pine clad slopes and stark, treeless mountaintops, that make this area a hiker’s paradise. together with the suitable mixture of vintage Sierra treks and lesser-known routes, the writer has taken with the main scenic locations.
A reporter’s account of the folk, tradition, and terrain of Texas within the mid-1800s. Frederick Olmsted used to be a journalist whilst he made his trip via Texas. Tasked with masking the kingdom of slavery in the course of the quiet years prior to the Civil conflict, he took copious notes in regards to the humans, locations, and cultures of the Texas of his day.
Each person fortunate sufficient to survive ny already is aware that it�s like nowhere else on this planet. From lighthouses and a one-hundred-year-old carousel to international battle II camps and missile websites, new york local Ralph Brady finds the secrets and techniques to what makes this little-big island so designated with a travel of a few of Nassau and Suffolk�s so much ancient destinations.
Mountaineering Wyoming describes eleven significant hiking parts within the nation of Wyoming. It bargains nearly 550 mountaineering routes for newcomers and specialists alike. Maps, colour topos, and wonderful motion images accompany truly written descriptions of the routes to make this an integral source for the simplest mountaineering in "Wonderful Wyoming".
- Reclaiming Jacksonville: Stories Behind the River City's Historic Landmarks (Lost)
- Brooklyn By Name: How the Neighborhoods, Streets, Parks, Bridges, and More Got Their Names
- Fat Guys Shouldn't Be Dancin' at Halftime: An Irreverent Romp through Chicago Sports
- A to Zee Across America
- Secrets of Diamond Head: A History and Trail Guide
- Haunted Southern California: Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Golden State (Haunted Series)
Extra info for A Russian Rediscovers America
- Download Private Equity Secondary Transactions: Chancen und Grenzen by Holger von Daniels PDF
- Download Das Schottlandbuch: Oder eine passionierte Schilderung by Hans-Walter Arends PDF